How to set up L2TP/IPsec on macOS
This tutorial guide will walk you through the steps to manually set up a VPN for macOS 10 using the L2TP protocol.
Table of contents
Add a new VPN connection
Go to network settings.
Add new VPN connection by clicking
Fill required fields in opened window:
- Interface — VPN
- VPN Type — LT2P over IPSec
- Server Name — any.
New VPN connection created.
New you should set up it.
Set up VPN connection
1) Open VPN server settings in SnowdenVPN dashboard.
Leave the page open.
2) Now return to the network connection settings window. Fill in the following fields:
- Server Address — address of the VPN server. Copy it to the clipboard from SnowdenVPN dashboard:
- Account Name — Copy User name from SnowdenVPN dashboard too.
After that, click
3) In the opened window, fill in the following fields required to authenticate your computer on the VPN server:
- Password — Copy it from the SnowdenVPN dashboard.
- Shared Secret — Copy field
Pre-shared keyfrom the SnowdenVPN dashboard.
4) Click button
Apply to apply settings:
Hurrah! Your connection is configured.
to the VPN server
Check the box Show VPN status in menu bar and click
Wait while your computer connects to the VPN server. It may take 30 seconds. If the connection is successful, the connection status changes to Connected: